Have you recently taken a look at your hours and your income and realized… “Hmm. That’s not quite adding up?”
I’d like to talk to you about productivity, efficiency, and making the most of your time as a business owner. As counterintuitive as it may seem, making more money doesn’t always depend on an increase in your rates. Sometimes, the correlation between the two is barely even there!
So what really makes the difference? What are the steps to achieving that bigger payday you’re striving for?
We’ll be getting into how to better organize your finances, how to adjust your billing practices to attract clients vs. discourage them with daunting numbers, and how to really set yourself and your business up for success.
Are you ready to change the way you think about your income? https://www.buzzsprout.com/2026987/11238020-what-are-you-really-making-per-hour?client_source=small_player&iframe=true
Topics We Cover in This Episode:
- Why you shouldn’t compare yourself to other designers
- How to make your clients feel comfortable with their investment
- How tracking your time accurately can benefit your business
- Why you shouldn’t take too long to bill your clients
- The importance of trust between you and your clients
- How to determine what’s billable and what isn’t
- How to time budget
- Why you need to know your worth
- Why you should stay inside the scope of your work
- How to support your contractors without sacrificing too much of yourself
There are many ways to improve your efficiency as a business owner in the design world. Not all of them are easy, but they are worth the time and effort in the long run – TRUST me!
If you’d like to talk more about your interior design business, book a clarity call with me!
Check out the Interior Design Business Academy website
Follow the Podcast
Follow Along on Instagram
Follow Along on Facebook
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you following my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes!
I would also appreciate it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify! They help me make sure I am providing the content that you love to hear!
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
2: 5 Ways Design Fees Are Better Than Hourly Rates
3: The Magic Question You Should Ask a Prospective Client