What are the dos and don’ts of a first appointment?
As you know, a first appointment is a rich opportunity to gain a potential client’s trust and business. How do you make sure that happens? That’s what I want to share with you in this episode.
I’m talking about what to charge, what to include, how long it should be, and lots of other first appointment dos and don’ts. If you’ve ever had a question about how to handle a first appointment, this episode has an answer for you.
No more giving away your time and value for free or spending hours on a potential client only to never hear from them again. Your first appointment should be setting you up for success and now it will!
Topics We Cover in This Episode:
- Why your first appointment should be paid
- When unpaid appointments might be appropriate
- What to do if you’re not sure whether to charge for an appointment or not
- Delivering value to a prospective client
- How to avoid wasting your time on jobs that are never going to happen
- Making it clear what your deliverables are
- How long your first appointment should be
- The one thing you should never do after a first appointment
- Taking payment in advance
- How to talk about costs
- The possible outcomes of a first appointment
Are you going to change anything about your first appointment process after listening to this episode?
If you still have questions about first appointments, feel free to reach out to me, and I’ll do my best to answer them!
If you love what you hear on the podcast each week, let me know by leaving a rating or review here! I’d love to find out why you tune in and what you’re enjoying so far, and your reviews help me reach new listeners!
Where We Can Connect:
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
Episode 9: Establishing Boundaries
Episode 10: Budget Mistakes (Part 1)
Episode 11: Budget Mistakes (Part 2)
Follow & Review
Are you following my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today, so you don’t miss any future episodes!
I would also appreciate it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify! They help me make sure I am providing the content that you love to hear!